IndieCade #screenshotsaturday Showcase April 19
Each week we feature 10 screenshots offered by developers currently working on games for submission to the IndieCade Festival. Here are this week’s selections (in alphabetical order).
In light of the enthusiastic response to this weekly feature, we’ve added the rule that if your screenshot isn’t selected this week it is automatically re-entered the following week. Full rules are here.
Alone It Wanders by PoshRaven
Beyond Eyes by Tiger & Squid
EarthNight by Cleaversoft
Freedom Planet by GalaxyTrail
Pioneers by Eigen Lenk
Powargridby Wee Free Studio
Somewhere by oleomingus
Storium, The Online Storytelling Game by Protagonist Labs
The Hit by Dan Stubbs
Whispering Willows by Night Light Interactive
And thank you to everyone for taking part. Keep your screenshots coming. We love letting everyone see the awesome work you do.
Have a question for IndieCade? Sam Roberts, co-founder of IndieCade Festival, will be on-hand to answer any and all of your questions NOON on Wednesday, April 16. You’ve got ‘til then to give us a tweet @indiecade with hashtag #AskIndieCade or drop us a line on our Tumblr ask box! And of course, chat, interact, or just come hang out with us and Sam as he answers live on Twitter!
- Assistant Honcho at USC’s School of Cinematic Art: Interactive Media & Games Division
- Co-Honcho of IndieCade
- Former Competitions Director of Slamdance Film Festival
- Indie Dev Power-up Bonus
- Super good at announcing eSports game matches with his actorly voice
- Voted least likely to kill you with his cooking (according to Molybdenum Chef)
Indie Developers! Every week (or maybe fortnight. We’ll play it by ear) we want to showcase what you’re working on for the IndieCade Festival for #screenshotsaturday. We’ll select 10 screenshots to feature on Tumblr and Facebook (with gallery links on Twitter), but there are a few guidelines that are gonna make things easier for everyone:
About the Images
- Images must be a screenshot from a game you are currently working on for submission to IndieCade. It’s fine to overlay the game’s logo on it, but avoid promotional art or submissions that look like advertisements.
- You may only submit one image. It’s up to you to pick the image you want to submit. Our community manager is terribly indecisive when it comes to galleries.
- Any standard image format is fine, but no vines or animated gifs (we can’t have it stand out in the gallery to that extent). Tumblr’s maximum image size is 500x750 pixels before it starts scaling. You might want to bear that in mind.
- You may make submissions from the same game each week but not the same screenshot.
Where to Submit
- Images must be sent via email as an attachment or URL to colmATindiecadeDOTcom and your subject line must begin with #screenshotsaturday.
- Include your Developer Name.
- Include a link to your website.
- Include a brief description of your game (This should be a short, single paragraph. If it’s too long we’ll have to edit it and also resent you for the extra work.)
- Include your twitter handle if you’d like to be mentioned on twitter.
- #screenshotsaturday is an existing community online, whose website is found here. They encourage weekly progress and community feedback within the game development scene. Make sure you get involved by also tweeting your screenshots with the hashtag #screenshotsaturday. (no need to tag IndieCade unless you <3 us). Please note that you must still submit via email for consideration in IndieCade’s weekly showcase.
- 10 screenshots are selected each week to be featured in the showcase.
- They are not chosen necessarily as the ten “best” since we want to include a diverse array of art styles and games to showcase.
- If your screenshot is not chosen it is automatically added to the submissions for the following week, unless you submit a new screenshot for the same game.